29 agosto 2012

Coconut Cake "When Harry Met Sally" - Torta al cocco "Harry ti presento Sally"


Harry:  "We had this enormous coconut cake"
Sally:  "Huge coconut cake, with the tiers, and there was this, this very rich chocolate sauce on the side"
Harry: "Right, 'cause not everyone likes it on the cake, 'cause it makes it very soggy"


Ingredienti:

per la torta:
400 g farina di cocco
2 uova
100g burro
100 g zucchero
1 tazza di latte
1 bustina di lievito

per la copertura al cioccolato:
1 tavoletta di cioccolato fondente
1 bicchiere di latte

Ingredients:

for the cake:
400g coconut flour
2 medium eggs
100g butter
100g sugar
1 cup of milk
15g raising powder

for the topping:
100g dark chocolate
1 glass of milk


Allora.. Per prima cosa ho sbattuto i tuorli con lo zucchero, poi ho aggiunto il burro fuso, il latte, il cocco e il lievito. In ultimo ho montato a neve gli albumi e li ho aggiunti al composto.

So... First of all I've whisked the yolks with the sugar, then I've added the melted butter, the cup of milk, the coconut and the raising powder. At last I've beaten the egg whites until stiff and I've added them to the mixture.


Ho messo il composto in una pirofila e ho infornato a 180° per 40 minuti.

I've put the mixture in a pirex and I've baked to 180° for 40 minutes.


Ho sfornato e lasciato raffreddare.

I've taken the cake out of the oven and I've let it cool down.


Intanto ho preparato il cioccolato, fondendo una tavolatta di cioccolato fondente con 1 bicchiere di latte.

In the meantime I've prepared the chocolate topping, melting the chocolate with a glass of milk.


E l'ho versato sulla torta!

And I've poured it on the cake!


Ho messo in frigo per far solidificare la cioccolata e ho lasciato riposare qualche ora, poi ho tagliato a cubetti. 
Ps: Ovviamente più il dolce riposa e più diventa buono, l'ideale sarebbe prepararlo il giorno prima.. Ma capisco che aspettare non è facile.. Buon appetito!

I've put the cake into the fridge to let the chocolate solidify and I've let it rest for some hours, then I've cut into small cubes.
Ps: Obviously the more the cake rest, the better! Ideally the cake should be prepared the day before... But I know, it's hard to wait! Buon appetito!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento